Submitted by Josh on Thu, 10/20/2011 - 16:46
Last week I showed you a script that I wrote to create a mass amount of databases and database copies on an Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group (DAG). Since that script was a work in progress, I needed to test it again. This meant I needed to get rid of most of the databases it created the first time I ran it. To do this, I used the same .csv file to create the databases, and just removed the databases from the list that I didn't want deleted. Then I ran this script I called rmdb.ps1:
Submitted by Josh on Mon, 10/10/2011 - 16:27
A few weeks ago, I showed you my solution to creating a mass amount of disks with PowerShell and diskpart, for future use as Exchange 2010 database and log drives. I finally had time to go back and create the databases for this environment. In this environment, I had 4 Exchange 2010 servers with the Mailbox (MB) role on them, all part of the same Database Availability Group (DAG). I needed to create a total of 97 databases, and 376 database copies in this DAG. To do this, I wrote the following script I called "dbcreate.ps1"
Submitted by Josh on Tue, 09/06/2011 - 08:37
Last week I showed you how I used PowerShell and diskpart to partition, format, and label 193 disks. If you'll recall, I said I still needed to figure out how to get 188 of those disks mapped to folders for Volume Mount Points.
My goal was to get this 100% automated. Due to time constraints, I'm only at about 95%. This last bit takes a small amount of manual work. Don't worry, it's just simple copy and paste.
First we need to list out all volumes, to do this, open PowerShell, and run diskpart.
Submitted by Josh on Fri, 09/02/2011 - 18:24
Today at work I had to partition, format, and label, 193 disks, in Server 2008 R2. Each disk was a LUN on an EMC SAN. The server is an HP ProLiant BL460c G7 Server Blade.