VMWare released version 8 of Workstation today. The upgrade costs $99, and a new license will set you back $199.
The new version boasts over 50 new features, including:
- Remotely connect to virtual machines running on VMware Workstation, VMware vSphere, and VMware vCenter anywhere on your network
- Simply drag and drop when you are ready to move your virtual machines to VMware vSphere
- Run as a server and your virtual machines will continue to run long after you log off. Start sharing virtual machines with your team, department, or anyone in your organization.
- First to support HD audio with 7.1 surround sound, USB 3, and Bluetooth devices in in a virtual machine.
- Significant improvements to virtual SMP and 3D graphics performance and support for 64GB RAM allows you to run the most demanding applications in a virtual machine.
- Completely revamped and streamlined user interface with simplified menus, updated toolbar, folder views, live thumbnail bar and a new virtual machine library.
- New virtual machine library makes it easy to search for the virtual machines that you need, whether they are local or remote
For a full list of what's new, check out the release notes.VMWare